1. "What type of electronics does your company accept for recycling?"
Luminous Electronics Recycling, Inc. (LER) accepts most electronic equipment whether they are in working condition or not. Please view a full list of electronics LER recycles. If you do not find what you are looking for on the list, under Products/Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our customer service representatives will contact you shortly.
2. "Will I have to pay for recycling?"
The cost of recycling services depends on the quantity, quality, type of material being recycled, distance and labor. The salvage value for equipment minimally covers the expenses of labor, pick up, assessment and de-manufacturing. Recycling facilities often charge a fee for certain services resulting in reduced recycling costs. Email or call LER for a quote.
3. "We've used a local scrap dealer to dispose of our electronics at no charge. Sometimes the dealer will even pay us for the electronics. How is LER different?"
Historically, these type of scrap dealers will remove materials with value and throw the rest in the garbage, along with potentially hazardous waste, business serial numbers, business asset tags, and information on any unformatted hard drives. LER charges a nominal fee for the management and recovery of reusable commodities.
4. "What about offsetting recycling costs for working equipment?
If applicable, offsets for surplus and non-obsolete equipment in good working order can be used against the pick up & recycling charges.
5. "Will you recycle the e-waste I have at home?
Absolutely. LER is committed to recycling all types of electronics including Televisions, Cell Phones, Stereos, VCRs and Video Game Consoles. See a full list under Products/Services on our website.